CPAP & Bi-PAP
Sleep apnea can be a scary and dangerous condition. Fortunately, CPAP devices help you keep breathing through the night. They are the golden standard of treatment. A small motor and fan take in air from the room, filters it, and then generates air pressure to help you keep breathing.
These machines are some of the go-to treatment options for many with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea. Obstructive sleep apnea occurs when the airways become blocked during sleep because the throat is too relaxed.
Collapsed airways occur when people with sleep apnea breathe in while asleep. This results in long pauses after breathing. These pauses can happen up to thirty times an hour for ten seconds at a time until breathing resumes.
Sleep apnea is a serious medical condition. Complications can include:
- Type 2 diabetes. Having sleep apnea increases your risk of developing insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.
- Metabolic syndrome. This disorder, which includes high blood pressure, abnormal cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, and increased waist circumference, is linked to a higher risk of heart disease.
- Complications with medications and surgery. Obstructive sleep apnea is also a concern with certain medications and general anesthesia. People with sleep apnea might be more likely to have complications after major surgery because they’re prone to breathing problems, especially when sedated and lying on their backs.
Before you have surgery, tell your doctor about your sleep apnea and how it’s being treated.
- Liver problems. People with sleep apnea are more likely to have abnormal results on liver function tests, and their livers are more likely to show signs of scarring (nonalcoholic fatty liver disease).
- Sleep-deprived partners. Loud snoring can keep anyone who sleeps near you from getting good rest. It’s not uncommon for a partner to have to go to another room, or even to another floor of the house, to be able to sleep.
CPAP machines provide continuous positive airway pressure. This ensures your airway doesn’t collapse. With most machines, you can change the pressure settings to get the most out of your cpap treatment.
There are many brands that produce these machines and accessories, and we carry only the best of the best. ResMed and Respironics are two brands that have been trusted by Mullaney’s customers for years. They are durable, reliable, and produce an assortment of masks for your comfort and well-being. Explore our full range of breathing products.
Mullaney’s carries a wide range of CPAP machines to fit your every need. Small and relatively quiet, we have something for everyone. We’re happy to work with you and your medical provider to find the right machine for you. Your comfort and health is our top priority.
Your comfort and health are of the utmost importance. Whether you prefer under-the-nose masks, full-face masks, or nasal masks, we have a selection of each.
Many people who use these machines find that falling asleep is especially difficult when the mask doesn’t fit properly around the nose and mouth. That’s why we also provide mask accessories to maximize your comfort. We just recommend that you remember to clean your mask!
For a full range of machines, accessories, and humidifiers, call or visit Mullaney’s Pharmacy + Medical Supplies. Our dedicated and knowledgeable staff will be happy to help you find a machine that works for you. When it comes to treating sleep apnea, don’t trust your health to anyone but the best. Mullaney’s has everything you need to maintain your health!